1. Alexander was a disciple of Aristotle.
2. Alexander the Great had eyes of different colors. Namely, brown and blue.
3. At the age of 16 Alexander, used to replace his father on the throne when he left on state affairs.
4. Alexander had a tall face and a sharp voice.
5. After death, his body was stored in a vat of honey.
6. The first victory was won by him when he was 18 years old.
7. Alexander the Great, also known as Alexander III the Great, was the king of Ancient Macedonia, the pharaoh of Egypt, the king of Asia and the Persian king.
8. Becoming a Macedonian king in 336 BC, Alexander killed all other pretenders to the throne, with the exception of his brother Arrhidaeus he suffered from dementia.
9. Alexander’s father, King Philip of Macedonia, was killed when he was 20 years old; he began to rule since 20 years.
10. Unbelievable, but Alexander of Macedon was epileptic.
11. Alexander founded more than seventy cities, of which at least twenty named after himself.
12. Historians around the world recognize Alexander the Great as the greatest general and conqueror in the history of mankind.
13. He for 15 years led a successful military campaign, conquering many countries, including Turkey and Iran.
14. The army of Alexander the Great consisted of only 15,000 soldiers.
15. According to historical documents, the great commander was known for his love of cleanliness and always carefully observed personal hygiene.
16. The cause of Alexander’s death remains one of the greatest mysteries of the ancient world.
17. Alexander was particularly violent and impulsive in character.
18. Tactical schemes of Alexander teach in military academies and universities all over the world and in modern times.
19. Alexander the Great when died had the most expensive funeral of all time. The entire funeral amounted to the US $600, 000,000 in today’s currency.
20. The exact date of birth of Alexander is unknown. Historians only knows year – 356 BC.
21. Alexander the Great had two sons – illegitimate Hercules from the Barsina and Alexander from Princess Bactria Roxana.
22. Alexander the Great’s real name is Alexander III of Macedon.
23. Alexander the Great is known for his greatest military strategists of all time, he did not lose a single battle.
24. When Alexander died, his entire kingdom collapsed, and his land was divided into new kingdoms.
25. It was under Alexander the Great that a whole historical period began, known as the Hellenistic era, and the cultural influence of Greece on Europe, Asia and Africa reached its peak during his reign.
26. Alexander simply did not care about its future, either. He didn’t bother to father an heir to his throne.
27. After Alexander’s sudden death, all his blood relatives were killed.
28. There are still disputes about the sexual orientation of Alexander the Great. Nevertheless, he had three wives: Roxane, Stateira II and Parysatis II.
29. After the victory over the Persians, Alexander adopted their style of clothing.
30. When Alexander sat on the throne he ordered for all of his rivals to the throne to be killed to ensure no-one would try to take his new position.
31. The first wife of Alexander the Great was Bactrian princess Roxane, who was only 14 years old at the time of her marriage.
32. Alexander considered Hercules his idol.
33. Alexander adopted a policy of employing Persians to his army while he was invading Persia.
34. In this battle against Persia, the army of Alexander the Great lost about 1000 people and killed 30,000 Persians army.
35. In 326BC, Alexander the Great invaded India, declaring that he wanted to conquer the entire world. However, many people died and his army decided to turn back
36. Alexander was fond of Homer’s Iliad and read it often; he even kept a copy of Homer’s Iliad with him which was a gift from Aristotle.
37. Alexander named one of the cities on the name of his beloved horse, Bucephalus.
38. In the headquarters, with thousands of army, there were also scientists and historians.
39. According to the legends whoever untied the Gordian knot would rule over Asia. Alexander cut the knot with his sword.
40. After the achieved goals in Asia, Alexander the Great made a series of campaigns against Syria, Egypt, Persia and India, adding new lands and spreading the fame of an invincible commander about himself.
42. In total, Alexander the Great led his army 11,000 miles and created an Empire that covered over 20 million square miles.
43. Alexander died when he was just 32 years old.
44. It is known that Alexander’s grave was visited Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, Octavian (the future Augustus Caesar), and the Roman Emperor Caracalla.
45. The collapse of the great empire of Alexander the Great, which began immediately after his death in 323 BC.
46. During his Indian campaign, Alexander the Great found a tribe that hadn’t discovered fire yet.
47. In addition to Aristotle, Alexander maintained contact with other well-known philosophers of the time. One day he approached Diogenes in the town square and asked: “Can I do something for you?” “Yes,” Diogenes answered, “step aside. You are blocking the sun.” Alexander was delighted with the answer, he was fascinated and impressed with Diogenes’ refusal and said: “If I were not born Alexander, I would be Diogenes.”
48. The body of the great commander was buried in Alexandria.
49. on the day of Alexander’s birth, the temple of Artemis, which was among the seven wonders of the ancient world, was burned down.
50. After death, his body was stored in a vat of honey.
1. Alexander was a disciple of Aristotle.