A DETAILED LESSON PLAN IN ENGLISH IV I. Objectives 1. Use easily confused verbs ( Two – word verbs) 2. Give a heading or title for texts read without title.
3. Writing a paragraph II. Subject Matter: 1. Use easily confused verbs ( Two – word Verbs) 2. Give a heading or title for texts read without title. 3. Writing a paragraph A.
Materials: Visual Aids B. References: 1. BEC 2002 Handbook in English 2. Fun in English Reading 3. Fun in English language III.
Procedure Teacher’s Activity Pupils’ Activity * Jane, kindly lead the prayer * In the name of the father, and of the son and the holy spirit.Amen. * Good morning class! * Good morning Mrs. . Ape, good morning, Classmates! Nice to see you … Mabuhay! * Class, before you take your seats, pick up Some pieces of papers under your chairs And align your chairs properly. * You may now take your seats.
* Thank you Ma’am * Class say present if your name is called. * ( Checking of attendance) * Now, can I have your assignment please? At the account of 5, all notebooks should Be in front 1-2-3- 4-5. * Ok, class do you know the word knife? Yes ma’am * Who can go to the board and spell the word Knife? Anyone? Yes Kristine * KNIFE * Very Good! Together, knife! * KNIFE * What have you observed when you read The word knife? Yes, Daria. * Silent letter K Ma’am * Correct! It is a word with silent letter k. I have here some words with silent letter K.
I will read the word first and follow after me. * Knot Knave Knock Knew Kneel Knee Knell Known Knife Knit Know Knoll Knight Knob Knelt 1. A. Review * Now are you ready with Our new topic class? * Yes Ma’am * Goo. But before that, we will go back firstWith our previous discussion.
Who can recall our previous lesson? Yes Cris. * Our topic last . meeting was all about the verb.
* That’s right! It was all about verb. Now, let’s have a different way of answering the questions. It’s called Hot Seat, Try to look under your chair And whoever can find a red tag should Answer the following question. Now,look For it, at the count of three, 1,2,3,go! Now who got the red tag? Ok, Charity Now that you got it you have to answer this, give the definition of a verb. .
* Verb, is an . . action word.
* Very Good. Verb is an action word. * And that there is what we called the * subject-verb agreement. * We discussed last meeting that if your Subject is singular your verb must also be in singular form or the s form of the verb. Example She listens attentively to the story. The subject She is singular, thus, our verb listens is in its s form. * Another example, “The puppies bark”. * Who got the yellow tag? Ok Aime it’s your turn.
What is the verb there?. * Bark, Ma’am. * Correct!Bark is the verb. It is singular or plural? The one that got the blue tag, Yes Julevy. * Plural Ma’am * That’s right! Bark is a plural form of verb Because our subject puppies is also plural, * Your verb must agree with the subject in number. Did you get it class? * Yes Ma’am * Good. B. ) Motivation Some children are lucky enough to go abroad.
They have relatives there, and they meet new friends. They make the most of their time during their stay and enjoy it. It is an exciting experience they will never forget. Presentation: * Class, do you want to visit Thailand omeday? * Yes Ma’am * Do you want to know what is Thailand famous for? * Yes Ma’am * Are you all excited to go there? * Yes Ma’am * How about Ann, do you want to visit Thailand? * Yes Ma’am * What do you want to know about Thailand? * Parks and monuments * What Else? Yes Leo * Their foods and dress * Another? Yes Carmen * The people there . .
Ma’am. * Ok. Now we will explore and discover The beauty of Thailand as your two Classmates read the dialogue. * Jerome and Jofford kindly read the dialogue. Yes Ma’am * Jerome, you will act as Eric and Jofford As Tien class listen carefully for I will Ask some questions afterwards.
* Now, did you understand the dialogue Class? * Yes Ma’am * Very Good. Now from the dialogue Being read a while ago, who is in Bangkok? Yes Lina. * Eric * Correct. Eric is in Bangkok.
What is The Capital City of Thailand, Yes Jowee… * Bangkok Ma’am * Yes! Bangkok is the Capital City of Thailand. What was Eric want to see in Thailand? Yes Kareen * He wants to see famous . temples, Buddha images, the National Museum And the Pattaya Park. * Very Good!Do you want to see the same Too? * Yes Ma’am * What can you say about Eric and Tien? Yes Mae.
* They are friends Ma’am. * ( Ask some possible questions about Eric and Tien). 4. ) Lesson Proper * Now our topic this morning is all about Two – word verbs. * I have here the material, each row kindly * get one and pass at the back. * Go over the dialog. Notice the Italicized word there.
They are Called the two- word verbs. * In the dialog, the first Italicized word is “ Hurry up”. Hurry up is a two word verb.
Next is the turn off. Turn off is a two – word verb. Can you give other two word verbsIn the dialogue? Yes Aron * Turn it on ( The pupils will give the 2 . word verbs found in the . . dialog) * All you have mentioned are all the correct . Now let us read the sentence with two – words verbs. * ( Pupils will read the .
sentence) 1. Write down what your teacher says. 2. The class president called off the meeting this morning. 3.
Why don’t you call up your classmate? 4. The children will carry out their plan for Christmas. 5. She looks up to her father w/ awe. * Very good!Now, what are two- words verbs? * Two word verbs are fixed combinations of verbs and prepositions. Such as send off, send is the verb * Another, take back… Take is the verb and back Is the preposition. * Did you understand class? *Yes Ma’am * Very Good ! some two word verbs are also Separable such as think it over, look it Over, keep it up.
* The two word verb think it over is separated By the word it. And so with look it over, and Keep it up. * Did you understand class? * Yes Ma’am 5. ) Generalization * We use put on-when we want to express the idea of having clothes on, when lighting bulb or florescent light or when adding weight. * We use put off when we want to delay or postpone an activity to a later time. * Turn on means to set in operation of flow like to turn off a faucet or radio. * Two – word verbs are fixed combinations of verbs and prepositions such as send off, take back and get on. * Some two-word verbs are separable such as think It over, look it over and keep it.
* Did you understand class? *Yes Ma’am 2. Giving Heading/ Title For texts Read without Title 1. Motivation * Class, if you read a paragraph without heading or title, what will you do?Are you going to make a title for it? *Yes Ma’am. * Now, If you have to make a title, do you Know how to make it? * No Ma’am. 2. Presentation/ Lesson Proper * Class, group yourselves into four. * You’ll work as a group because I have here paragraphs without title. Give the possible title to the given paragraph or selection that you think would be the best answer.
Paragraph 1 (P1) will be answered by group 1 (G1). Same as P2 for G2, P3 for G3, and P4 for G4. Ok? *Yes Ma’am. * Good. Now you only have 3 mins. * Your time starts now. * Class, your time is up.
Let’s start With group 1, what is your title in P1? 3. Generalization * The title of the heading of the paragraph is usually derived from the main idea. * Usually the main ideas of a paragraph is after Stated in a sentence, called topic sentence. * Did you understand, class? IV– Evaluation * Now, pass your work and get 1 whole sheet of paper. Then, answer the following. ( Post Question page 151) V-Assignment * Pass your papers and get your assignment notebook and copy your assignment) * Are you done class? *Yes Ma’am * Ok, see you tomorrow. Goodbye class.
* Goodbye Miss Jiezha Goodbye classmates! See you tomorrow!