The corporate communication makes the transmission of ideas and thoughts of important information among individuals successful. The person having sensible thoughts and ideas shares with everyone .So the one who shares the information is a sender and the one who is listener is a receiver or the recipient. Hence flow of information between sender and receiver makes a communication to happen successfully.
The simplest definition of communication is “a process of sending and receiving a message between two parties.” Infact communication is the process of transferring information and understanding from one of more people one or more people. In the most clear from, communication means interaction between two parties.
Concept of verbal and non verbal communication
Verbal and non-verbal types of communication leads to interactions with others in business and interpersonal relationships, also personal and commercial success, and our physical and psychological well-being.
Verbal communication basically involved words, spoken, written and signed. Any conversation done with colleague in office during lunch, even the text message send to our family members telling to pick up some milk is a kind of verbal communication. Not only humans have language, but also have the technology that enables us to communicate and interact with one another.
Verbal communication is a type of communication in which flow of information is through verbal medium like words, speeches, presentations etc. In verbal communication the sender expresses his/her thoughts in the form of verbal or vocal words. In organizations, individuals communicate verbally with each other in the form of dialogues, speech, presentations, and discussions.
The tone and pitch of the speaker and the quality of words play a important role in verbal communication. The speaker has to be loud and clear and the text detail content has to be properly defined.
Unorganized and non-relevant thoughts always lead to confusions, doubts and misunderstandings between individuals. In verbal communication, an individual must understand the importance of words and how to put them across.
In verbal communication it is the responsibility of the sender to cross check with the receiver that he has understood right information and should not create further any doubt.
Relevance and Importance of verbal communication:
There are different ways through which verbal communication is done. For example:
1. Keeping each other informed: using verbal communication to inform useful and important information.
2. Asking for help and support: communicating verbally about the issues in day day to life.
3. Making friends: Good friendship occurs through good communication.
4. Expressing ourselves creatively: verbal communication can be the means for expressing our imagination.
5. Sharing emotions: sharing emotions as well as factual information through verbal communication skills.
Different types of verbal communication
1. Speaking face to face:
2. Speaking on the phone:
3. Video-chat services:
4. Writing a letter:
5. Giving a lecture:
6. Making announcements:
7. Leaving a voice mail:
When one can’t speak to communicate any information to other person so in that case if one wan to express any information related to pleasure and displeasure without even uttering a word. Then non-verbal mode of communication comes into picture. Facial expressions, gestures, hand and hair movements, body postures all constitute non-verbal communication. Any communication made between two people without words and simply through facial movements, gestures or hand movements is called as non-verbal communication.
In other words, it is a speechless communication where words are simply expressed through expression. If one has a headache, one would put his hand on his forehead to communicate his discomfort – a form of non-verbal communication.
Different types of Non Verbal Communication
Communication is transferring information between one person and another. Non-verbal communication can be divided into four categories: aesthetic, physical, signs, and symbols.
• Aesthetic communication is through creative expression. This is like music, dance, theatre, crafts, art, painting, and sculpture. Ballet is a great example of this, as there is dance and music, but no spoken or sung words. facial expressions, costumes, posture, and gestures.
• Physical communication covers the personal kind of communication, and includes a smile or frown, wink, touch, smell, salute, gesture, and other bodily movements.
• Signs are kind of non-verbal communication, which includes signal flags or lights, a 21 gun salute, a display of airplanes in formation, horns, and sirens.
• Symbols of communication are used for religious or personal status reasons, as well as to build self-esteem.
• Physical Communication Physical communication is the most common non-verbal communication Even the way you are standing and your position in a group of people can communicate a lot .Your posture can communicate in a non-verbal way, whether you are folding your arms, slouching, crossing your legs, or standing and sitting erect
• Other forms of non-verbal communication are facial expressions, gestures, and eye contact. Eye contact is very important in communicating nonverbally. Effects of Non Verbal Communication
Non-verbal communication, especially body language, can send a strong message,. Even the one of your voice, its pitch, volume, quality, and speed effects what you say.
Relationships depend on non-verbal communication if they are to be strong and lasting. The quality of your relationships can be improved if you can skillfully read people, and understand the emotions behind their words. When one party receives mixed signals, trust can leave the relationship and it will be damaged. Trust can be created in a relationship by sending non-verbal clues that match your words
Being able to communicate effectively and accurately is the most important life skills.
Communication is simply the act of transferring information from one place to another.
Communication is a vital life skill and should not be overlooked and understand very well which shows and demonstrate good communication skill