Childhood experience Essay

It was another day in my life and I treated it like any other. As usual I got up and ready for school as normal and I was on my way to school, I met my friend Jamie, so I continued the rest of the journey with him.

When we arrived at school we went to our classroom to meet the rest of our friends.

The day was going along slowly and I was anxious to get out of the classroom to play football on the field. The bell rang and the whole school erupted as all the children ran outside onto the field.

We started playing football and there was only half the break time left before we had to go back in. by then I felt a bit dizzy, but I ignored it and carried on thinking it would stop. But it never. It got worse. Soon I felt like I going into a vortex, everything sped up around me, my vision went blurred. It felt like a scene in The Matrix were the time slowed down when Keanu Reeves had to avoid the bullet by leaning backwards.

Somehow I managed to hear the whistle that ended the playtime session.

Then I was in my seat feeling as if I was on the brink of death. No vision. No hearing. Like I’d fallen asleep.

I wanted to break out from this feeling, I was paralysed, and I couldn’t do anything. Then everything cut off as if I was dead.

I was half awake in a hospital bed surrounded by family. I felt a sigh of relief as I woke up knowing I’d survived. Then my parents were overwhelmed that I had finally come around.

It got better because the needles I had in my arms were taken out and I was free to move around.

The doctor came to do a random check up and ask a few questions. Firstly he tested my blood pressure, then my heart rate. Next he asked how I was feeling. I replied that I was great as if the incident had never occurred, even though it had. He then went away with a clipboard and was writing something as he went off into the distance.

By now I was getting used to the hospital, the interior, the noise of babies crying and the smell of disinfectant because it wasn’t the first time this had happened.

Next my grandparents left knowing I was safe, I gave my Granddad a handshake and my Nan a kiss before they departed.

Then the doctor returned and told me I was going to be all right, just I had to stay the night. He then took my parents to the other side of the room to have a private conversation. I was frantic to know what they were discussing as I seen my parents nodding their heads and agreeing.

They all retuned and the doctor was telling me something, but the manner in which he was telling it me was as if I was foreign. He was saying I had to take medication for six months to see how I coped with it. Now I was felling incapable of looking after myself, feeling abnormal. I could see guilt on my dads face, as I knew he didn’t like this, whilst my mom just had a blank expression on hers.

It was getting late as my parents decided to go home after an exhausting day. I stayed over night trying to get to sleep when a toddler an asthma attack which created havoc in the ward, but eventually I got some sleep.

In the morning I arose from my bed only to find my parents already there waiting to take me home, so I rushed to get ready so I could escape from this place.

As soon as I got home I turned on the television and watched. Then there was a knock at the door, it was my friend Adam and he had an envelope for me. I opened it and it was a card from my whole class all signed by every one of them. I was excited because it was out of the blue, so unexpected. He stayed at mine for a while and we played on my games console. I got on with life as normal and I still have that card to this very day so I can remember the good memories of that event. Since being on the medication I haven’t had a fit at all, so far.


I'm Tamara!

Would you like to get a custom essay? How about receiving a customized one?

Check it out