AFTER ALL THIS WE TESTED OUR ENGINE ONTHE RUN STAND AND IT RAN SUCESSFULLY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM.16.
At last, we installed the intake manifold andthe intake manifold assembly. Moreover, tightened its bolts.15.
After all this, we placed the camshaft coverson both sides and tightened its bolts, and then we installed the spark plugsand the coils back onto its position and tightened the coil bolts at 10 N.m.14. The next part, which we installed, was thewater pump we placed the gasket and then the water pump on the front of enginecover. On the top of it, we installed the water pump pulley.13. Then we placed the actuator valves onto itsposition and tightened its bolts at 10 N.m.
12. After this, we installed the camshaft positionsensor on the front of the cover and tightened its bolts.11.
Then we started installing the engine frontcover we applied some sealant on the boundary of the engine front cover andplaced the cover on it s position and tightened its bolts according to thespecification that is 23 N.m.10. We again followed all the first 5 steps toinstall and align the right secondary drive chain and we also installed thetensioner, guide and shoe in last to it.
9. In last, weinstalled the tensioner and guides in the primary drive chain.8. We followed the same step again on the rightcamshaft idler and aligned its marking with the marking given on the drivechain link. Last in aligning the primary chain, we aligned the crankshaftsprocket mark with the drive chain mark.7. Then wemoved towards installing the primary camshaft drive chain and we placed thedrive chain on the large sprocket of each camshaft intermediate drive chain idlerand the sprocket and we aligned the timing mark given on the timing chain withthe drive chain idler timing mark.
6. Install theguide, shoe and tensioner and tighten the there according to the specificationprovided by the manufacturer that is 23 N.m on the left secondary drive chain.5. In addition,one more thing there will be 18 links between idler and the left actuatorsprocket.
NOTE: Make sure that after installing the leftsecondary drive chain to check that it is installed perfectly count the numberof links from the intake actuator sprocket circle mark to the exhaust actuatorcircle mark there should be 7 links in between both circle marks.4. Now placethe secondary drive chain around both left actuator drive sprocket and makesure that the drive chain link has to be aligned with the circle mark on theleft exhaust camshaft position actuator sprocket and again the same step has tobe repeated on the intake position actuator sprocket there will be a circlemark on the sprocket that has to be aligned with the drive chain.3.
For installingthe drive chain, we have to install the chain according to the marking given onthe manufacturer manual so for installing first place the left secondary drivechain which is on the inner sprocket of left drive chain idler and make sure thechain link should be aligned to the hole of alignment which is made on idlerouter sprocket. 2. Afterlooking the camshaft with the help of camshaft alignment plate, we startedinstalling the left side secondary drive chain.1. Before doingthe re installation process first place the camshaft-holding tool at the backof the camshafts by this the camshaft will not be able to move more than 10degrees and this is very important because without locking the camshaft wecannot install the chain back.REINSTALLALATION 17. In addition to it, we started by removing theleft secondary drive chain tensioner, then shoe and then the guide for takingout the left drive chain.
16. After removing the primary drive chain, thenext part, we moved on was the left secondary drive chain removal in this wefollowed the same steps which we used during the removal of right secondarydrive chain.15. In next step, we started removing the primarydrive chain, in this first we removed the primary drive chain tensioner andthere were two guides which we have to remove before taking out the chain.14. After taking out the tensioner, shoe and guidewe removed the secondary drive chain from the right camshaft position actuatorand right intermediate drive chain idler sprocket.
13. The next part we removed was the rightsecondary drive chain guide.12. After this, we removed the right secondary drivechain shoe by unscrewing the shoe bolt.11. In next step, we unscrewed the right secondarydrive chain tensioner bolt and took out the tensioner and also removed thegasket. Fig: 1.
1 (source: AllData) NOTE: Usepry bar at proper pry bar points (fig: 1.1) to prevent damage to camshaftposition sensor and actuator.10. Then we took off the engine front cover boltsand with the help of a pry bar we removed the front cover9.
We startedunscrewing the actuator valve bolts which is at the front cover and removed thecamshaft position actuator valve.8. Then we tookoff the water pump bolts and removed the water pump with its gasket from thefront of the engine cover.7. The nextstep is to remove the water pump pulley with the help of a holding tool weremoved the water pump pulley bolts and then the pulley.6. We repeatedthe Step 5 again for removing theright side camshaft cover.5.
After this, weremoved the left side camshaft cover from the cylinder head by taking off the 4bolts which are at each corner of the camshaft cover.4. The nextpart is to take out the ignition coil bolt and we started unscrewing the boltsfrom left side first and taken out the ignition coils and spark plugs.3. After,taking out the assembly remove the lower intake manifold gasket.
2. Then removethe intake manifold assembly after taking out the bolts.1. We startedthe procedure by taking off the intake manifold by removing the bolts which isat the center of the manifold.Removal