* The Non-Aligned Movement of 1961. India developed a closer relationship with the Soviet Union during the Cold War. During that period. India’s comparatively concerted strategic and military dealingss with Moscow and strong socialist policies had a clearly inauspicious impact on its dealingss with the United States. * After the disintegration of the Soviet Union. India began to reexamine its foreign policy in a unipolar universe. and took stairss to develop closer ties with the European Union and the United States. in promotion of its national involvements. * Today. India and the US portion an extended cultural. strategic. military. and economic relationship. * US became a close ally to Pakistan by the clip to 1971 India Pakistan war and dealingss were constrained between US and India as US supported Pakistan in war * 1998 Pokhran trials: US laid countenances along with Japan. . non much affected India’s economic rise. . ulterior countenances were lifted and resumed economic ties Military Relations:
* The US-India defense mechanism relationship derives from a common belief in freedom. democracy. and the regulation of jurisprudence. and seeks to progress shared security involvements. These involvements include keeping security and stableness. get the better ofing violent spiritual extremism and terrorist act. forestalling the spread of arms of mass devastation and associated stuffs. informations. and engineerings. and protecting the free flow of commercialism. * Assorted joint military exercisings.
* India-US Counter-Terrorism Cooperation Initiative was signed in 2010 to spread out coaction on counter-terrorism. information sharing and capacity edifice. BILATERAL Trade:
* The India-US Trade Policy Forum ( TPF ) was established in July 2005 to discourse issues related to merchandise
* Commercial Dialogue has been set up to cover
( a ) Trade Defence Measures
( B ) Small and Medium Enterprises and
( degree Celsius ) capacity constructing on Intellectual Property Rights ( IPRs ) .
* India-US CEO’s Forum was reconstituted in 2009.
* The India-US air power cooperation plan ( ACP )
* India-US sum ware trade was US $ 57. 80 billion in 2011. The U. S. is the 4th largest beginning of Foreign Direct Investments ( FDI ) into India.
CLIMATE CHANGE & A ; CLEAN ENVIRONMENT INITIATIVE:
* An Agreement for Cooperation on Joint Clean Energy Research and Development Center ( JCERDC ) was signed to assist development of critical engineerings for renewable energy. energy efficiency. clean coal. including C gaining control and storage. and other countries of clean energy
Civil NUCLEAR INTIATIVE:
* Indo-US Civil Nuclear Working Group ( CNWG ) .
* Implementing Agreement on ‘Discovery Science’ that provides the model for cooperation in gas pedal and atom sensor research and development with Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory. Stanford Linear Accelerator Laboratory. Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility and Brookhaven National Laboratory. * Under the understanding. a undertaking on “US and Indian Institutions Collaboration on Neutrino Physics. Related Experiments and Detector Development” is acquiring implemented by Delhi University and Fermilab. ( RECENTLY UNDER CONTROVERSY ) .
SPACE RESEARCH RELTAIONS:
* A bilateral Joint Working Group on Civil Space Cooperation has been established as a forum for treatments on joint activities in infinite.
* current estimations show more than 100. 000 Indian beginning pupils are prosecuting their higher instruction in the US universities. The two authoritiess have committed to prosecute greater coaction in the countries of instruction. research. and invention. * The “Singh- Obama twenty-first Century Knowledge Initiative” . * The India-US Higher Education Summit.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
* Bilateral Science and Technology Forum
* Collaboration between the Ministry of Earth Sciences and US National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration ( NOAA ) * A ‘Monsoon Desk’ was established in NOAA for heightening monsoon prediction. * Dept. of Science and Technology ( DST ) and US National Science Foundation ( NSF ) are join forcesing to set up India-US practical Mathematical Institute.
* ‘Health Dialogue’ was established between the two states. * To day of the month. four working groups have been constituted viz. maternal and child wellness. noncontagious diseases. infective diseases and wellness system beef uping.
26 January 2012
* India demonstrates the freshly bought SUPER HERCULES HELICOPTER C-130J from USA.
* C-130 J:
* Equipped with infrared sensing set
* Low degree winging. air beads. set downing in blackout conditions.
* Great reactivity in alleviation operations.
29- January 2012
* India signed an understanding with University of Chicago to put u P a Vivekananda chair
15 March 2012:
* DESERT LARK—
1. 7th Indo- US Army Exercise
2. In Thar desert
3. Aim: better coordination in peace maintaining programmes 4. Cardinal surveillance. communications and IED sensing and neutralisation engineerings are fielded in the exercising.
7 APRIL 2012:
* EXERCISE MALABAR
1. Annually India-US bilateral naval exercising
2. 16th in series since 1992
3. Combatant combat operations from aircraft bearers. through Maritime Interdiction Operations Exercises. 8 APRIL 2012:
* State-owned ONGC inked an MoU with the US oil major ConocoPhillips. AIM—
* To carry on a joint survey of shale gas potency in all domestic basins. every bit good as some planetary 1s owned by ConocoPhillips.
* To originate the cooperation in shale gas geographic expedition through joint surveies of chances in India. North America. and elsewhere.
* To research possible cooperation in deepwater countries in eastern offshore Fieldss of India.
* India- US –Japan trilateral negotiations in New Delhi.
* Core issue:
1. Strategic overview of Asia Pacific
2. Trilateral connectivity of India to Vietnam through Myanmar
3. Undertakings in Africa
4. Economic side in Afghanistan
* INDIAEX 2012
* Bilateral naval exercising between US and INDIA
* Cooperation between sub Marine systems
* Transfer of forces from simulated hard-pressed vas to deliver vas
* INS Nireekshak took portion
13 December 2012:
* COLLOBARATION ON SOLAR ENERGY
* SERIIUS: Solar Energy Research Initiative of India and US
* 50 million $ undertaking
* Indian institute of scientific discipline. B’lore & A ; National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Washington.
* CSP TECHNOLOGY– CONCENTRATED SOLAR POWER