Infrastructures are the major issues for the success of any planed activity. The results of the study revealed that :- in the study area high municipality requiring infrastructures, residents understood use of infrastructure incomprehensiveness, there is big ambition availability of Landfills , understood lack of infrastructures is harm full and motors, garbage’s, and containers are very use full to manage solid waste management but, there is absent of all .
Based on the above summery, the finding of this study also indicates the possible solutions forwarded by respondents to ensure effective way of solid waste management. The possible suggested solutions include; strengthening stakeholders participation, strengthening monitoring and evaluation system, strengthening development kebele team leaders and integrating other institutions, organizing additional waste collectors, reform organizational structure, create awareness by providing training for leaders, residents, stakeholders and sanitation and beautification workers presence of effective participation of all stakeholders in solid waste management helps to ensure safe and healthy environmental, social, poletical and economic development.
Based on the findings of the study, the following recommendations are forwarded so as to reduce practices and challenges of solid waste management in Mekane Selam town administration.
• Stakeholders, residents, institutions, governmental and non governmental bodies should aware the impact of poor solid waste management committed and participated to reduce poor solid waste management.
• Leaders should honest, active and working together to engage the town household and stakeholders.
• The leader should commit and coordinated other stakeholders and the role of society and leaders link.
• Rules and regulations should applied effective solid waste management.
• Leaders should implement the town master plan and put it standardized Land Fills.
• Residents should understand the effect of poor solid waste management and put it one to five coordination system.
• All stake holders should create string committee to learn and engage current practices and challenges of solid waste management and aware everyone has ownership.
• Residents should implemented rules and regulations of town council solid waste managing system it should avoid 20m far from the house and 50m far from business centers implemented the law restrictedly.
• Leaders and other delegated bodies should put temporary solid waste disposal space as well as permanent disposal space.
• Environmental sanitarian professionals should create awareness to leaders, residents and delegated institutions to contribute your effort based on environmental impact analysis to support effective solid waste management.
• Full fill the gap of skill and knowledge of stake holders by giving short and long training, by demonstrating the effect of poor solid waste management it should aware and imitate the effectiveness of solid waste management.
• A strong monitoring and evaluation system should also developed and implemented the way of active engagement is available
• Residents should use available opportunities like, its town council rules, government policies ,strategies and regulations
• Governmental organizations should create neat environment to motivate stakeholders and increase fees of sanitation and beautification workers
• Town administrations, stakeholders, institutions, higher sanitarian experts, kebele (denb askebari) local language and health extension workers should have strategies for integrated and sustainable solid waste management as initial to final outcome
• Put clear structural and institutional framework clearly the duties, rights, rules and regulations of each administration level needed.
• Build attitudinal perception of human capacity by using training ,scaling up best performance action in other twon in SWM
• Leaders should design motivational mechanism such as recognition, appreciation, promotion and motivation followers to change the working environment of the town solid waste management
• The stakeholders should contain clear direction on how to separate ,store solid waste at the source to reduce, to recycle, compost and to used wastes as resource to bring additional change in residents
• Residents should waste collection fees