EthicsA system of moral rules.
dissectionAct or procedure of spliting. taking apart
Healthcare associated infection ( fornally nosocomial )
epidemic Diseases impacting many people at the same clip
A diminished bacterium or virus given to a individual to construct unsusceptibility against a disease. 1. What ancient civilization was the first to form medical attention? ( doctors with ground forcess. beginning of infirmaries and public wellness ) Romans 2. What part did ancient China brand to medicate? Acupuncture 3. What disease is an ancient illustration of a pandemic? . a modern pandemic? 4. What period of clip was marked by tutelary attention and epidemics? The Dark Ages and the Middle Ages 5. “Rebirth” of larning occurred during the Renaissance period. What major alterations in medical specialty occurred during this period? Building of uni’s and medical schools. hunt for new thoughts about disease alternatively of God. the credence of dissection of the organic structure. dev of publishing imperativeness and publication of books allowed greater entree to knowledge.
Peoples to cognize:
HippocratesThe Father of Medicine
William Harvey First described the circulation of blood and the pumping of the bosom Rene’ Laennec
Ernst von Bergmann
Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin
Francis Crick and James Watson
6. Describe the right visual aspect of a health care worker.
7. Discuss desirable behaviours in a health care worker. ( criterions of behaviour )
8. Why is patient confidentiality of import?
9. What are the duties of the CDC?
10 What is the function of OSHA? FDA?
11. What is the difference between “for profit” and “not for profit” medical installations?
12. What is managed attention?
13. Describe the “chain of command” .
14. Describe a HMO ( Health Maintainance Organization ) .
15. What is the function of Medicaid?
16. What is the function of Medicare?
17. What are the conditions that affect the growing of bacteriums? 18. Describe the concatenation of infection.
19. Identify 5 ways that micro-organisms and viruses are spread? Name examples of each? Identify bar steps for each. 20. What are the marks and symptoms of a generalised infection? localized infection? 21. Specify standard safeguards.
22. Extra safeguards that are taken when a patient is suspected or known to be transporting an infective disease are called ______________________ – ____________ _________________ . 23. Describe what is involved in Airborne. Droplet and Contact Precautions. 24. Wearing PPE. rinsing custodies. particular handling of sharps and disinfecting reclaimable equipment are all included in _____________ safeguards. 25. What is the right order for wearing PPE? Removing PPE? 26. Identify the maps of OSHA.
27. Describe the 4 types of acquired unsusceptibility and give illustrations of each. 28. What is the difference between medical antisepsis and surgical antisepsis? 29. Personal protective equipment is provided to the employee by the _____________ . 30. What is a HEPA mask? When is it used?
31. When would you necessitate to utilize protective eyewear? baseball mitts? mask? gown?
32. What is antibiotic immune bacteriums?
32. How can you assist to forestall antibiotic resistant bacteriums?