On the map of Paradise Island, I have chosen Site A (296,723) to be the location of My Tourist Resort. There are several reasons why it’s a good place to have a tourist resort, but certainly also quite a few reasons why it may not be a good place to have a tourist resort.
Some of the positives of this location:
* It is by some means the central town of the island, in view of the fact that that it has road connections with both of the two other towns. This means that tourists visiting the resort will have an easier way of getting around the island, town by town.
* It is right next to the sea, which means that if the resort happens to be positioned by the shore, visitors will not only have great view, but also the effort needed of them, if they want to enjoy some time by the beach (snorkeling, sun-bathing, etc.) is significantly smaller.
* The Town hall lies within the town of the site. This might be a fine place to go for information about the island. It might as well be a historic place, where tourists can go if they’re curious about the history of the island.
* The castle, which lies not so far from the site, might be another great historic spot, for interested visitors.
* The tourists of the resort will see some great stuff if they choose to drive north along the main road, including the remains of a Roman villain, the quarry and the Big Hill, and if they continue you a little bit further along the road, south from Big Hill, they’ll get to the lake; almost certainly a good place for amateur fishermen.
* The campsite, which is just a boat-trip away from the site, is an essential place for those tourists who like to stay overnight in the nature.
* The church in the town, will attract more Christian tourists, but may have a negative effect on other religions.
Some of the negatives of this location, and ways of solving it:
* There’s no wood close to the site. This might doubtless be a problem since a lot of the tourists may want to visit a wood on their vacation.
It would also be better for the environment if there were more trees.
The only solution to this problem is obviously to plant more trees. Though it does require some patience, it is the only way to get more woods.
* Although the roads and motorways is a great way of expanding the easiness of transport for the visiting tourists, it’s also makes the town a center for traffic, given that a lot of people would have to drive through the town in order to pass it and carry on to the next town.
This could be solved easily by connecting the motorway from Site C to on of the main roads, which leads to Site E (Preferably the southern main road, as it is a much shorter road). It could also be solved by encouraging the tourists and inhabitants of the island to travel more by train, thus they’ll be using the railway instead of traveling by a motor vehicle, which would also make less pollution.
* The shingle beach may be a problem for many of the tourists who like spending their holiday in the water, as it will take much more effort to get into the water. They’ll have to put their bare feet on the pebbles, which can be very upsetting.
There are almost certainly some groups of people who would have some different opinions on whether my choice of site for a tourist resort is good or bad. For instance someone would say that a tourist resort placed in a town is not such a good idea, since there is much quieter and calm in place distant from the noise of the town, like a campsite.